Business interruption insurance is commonly found in the marketplace but often misunderstood.
The course explores how to calculate gross profit, sums insured, and indemnity periods before looking at declaration linked cover and how you can use business interruption covers to win business.
- Understand the main types of cover found in business interruption insurance.
- Use a set of accounts to calculate a gross profit sum insured.
- Explain where to offer alternative forms of cover for additional cost of working, rent and gross fees.
- Outline extensions such as suppliers, customers, denial of access and failure of utilities – all of the extensions likely to affect a client with a turnover of up to £10m.
This course does not include claims handling, advanced profits or engineering insurance.
Who should attend?Brokers who wish to be better positioned to discuss their client’s cover requirements and confidently negotiate. You are required to have a basic understanding of SME and property insurance.
MethodologyLearning includes formal presentations and active participation in case studies and group discussions in a workshop environment. Workbooks and supplementary materials are provided.
- Practice through case studies
- Understanding demonstrated in conversation and questioning