This one-day workshop discusses the nature of farm buildings and machinery and explores the range of cover available.
The most appropriate way of arranging business interruption cover is explored, including calculating the correct sum insured.
Liability issues are discussed, including reference to important case law, and cover for livestock diseases is explained.
Sessions on engineering and motor risks are included, and delegates have the opportunity to discuss any other covers of interest (e.g. hail, PA, cattle passport, etc.).
- Identify and understand the different types of farms and associated activities
- Become familiar with common farming buildings, machinery and produce
- Explore the property underwriting issues and cover available
- Discuss an appropriate way of arranging BI cover and calculate a sum insured
- Discuss cover available for livestock, including animal diseases and sheep worrying
- Gain an understanding of liability issues
- Identify engineering inspection and insurance risks
- Gain an awareness of the associated motor insurance risks
Who should attend?Brokers already handling commercial insurances who wish to gain a basic understanding of the needs of farming clients and the main features of farming insurances. Participants will understand how insurers underwrite the key sections of a farming combined policy.
MethodologyLearning includes formal presentations and active participation in case studies and group discussions in a workshop environment. Workbooks and supplementary materials are provided.